- About Us
- Ideas & Solutions
When all families have access to quality child care options, we build the critical infrastructure necessary for our businesses to succeed, our communities to flourish, and our children to grow into happy, healthy, productive Kansans.
Child Care Aware of Kansas connects everyone with a stake in child care — parents, child care providers, businesses, local and state leaders, and community members — to the information and ideas they need to take action. Together, we aim to create an early care and education system that ensures:
● Kids have enriching early learning experiences within supportive caregiving environments.
● Parents and caregivers have access to quality, affordable child care that meets their family’s unique needs.
● Child care providers stay on a sustainable career path that allows them to support their own families and provide the best care for the kids they serve.
● Employers attract and retain a quality workforce.
● Communities — large and small — provide a high quality of life that keeps residents and attracts new families.
All communities across Kansas value and support a high quality early childhood care and education system.
To provide statewide leadership that builds a diverse, high-quality child care system.
We are a bridge between those who experience the child care system every day – the real-life experts – and the leaders and influencers who aim to address child care challenges.
Working within a network of Child Care Resource & Referral agencies, we also connect caregivers and providers to the information and support they need.
Our team brings extensive experience and expertise in early care and education. We focus on:
● Providing essential information and referrals to families looking for child care.
● Supporting and advocating for hardworking child care providers across our state.
● Collecting statewide data on child care to inform parents, providers, and decision-makers.
● Empowering families and providers to share their personal experiences with stakeholders working on this issue.
● Partnering with local communities and businesses who are looking to implement new solutions.
Together, we can ensure that all families have equitable and consistent access to high-quality early care and learning opportunities for their young kids — which benefits everyone in Kansas.
Your donation to Child Care Aware of Kansas is an investment in our state's future. Join our efforts towards ensuring accessible, affordable, high-quality child care for every child.DONATE