Go NAP SACC Outdoor Play & Learning
For this self-assessment, the outdoor play space includes anywhere you regularly take children for outdoor playtime. This can include parks or playgrounds off-site if no play space is available right outside your home. These questions relate to opportunities for both children with special needs and typically developing children.
Before you begin:
- Gather parent handbooks, daily schedules, and other documents that state your policies and guidelines about screen time.
As you assess:
- Answer choices in parentheses ( ) are for half-day programs. Full-day programs should use the answer choices without parentheses.
- Definitions of key words are marked by asterisks (*).
- Answer each question as best you can, thinking about your general practices. If none of the answer choices seem quite right, just pick the closest fit. If a question does not apply to your program, move to the next question.
Understanding your results:
- The last choices represent the best practice recommendations in this area. To interpret your results, compare your responses to these best practice recommendations. This will show you your strengths and the areas in which your program can improve.