Your child means the world to you, and you do all you can to make sure they have what they need to be healthy and happy. You shouldn’t have to worry about your child’s health and safety while you work, go to school, or pursue your goals.
There’s much your child care provider can do to ensure that the children in their care are as safe as possible from COVID-19. Here are a few questions to help you get started talking to your child care provider.
Questions to ask your provider:
- Are masks worn by adults in the child care program?
- Are staff members vaccinated against COVID-19?
- How will you notify me of confirmed or suspected exposure to COVID-19 for my child?
- Will the program close if you/staff or the children test positive for COVID-19? For how long? Will you notify me that it is safe to return to child care?
- How are you following current guidance from The Centers for Disease Control and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment?
Support for Your Child Care Provider
Help is available! Your child care provider doesn’t have to navigate COVID-19 and other health and safety issues alone. Through the Child Care Health Consultant Network, child care providers can connect with highly trained and experienced Child Care Health Consultants, many of whom have worked in the child care sector for decades and have served as providers themselves.
Tell your child care provider about the Child Care Health Consultant Network and encourage them to sign up today!
The Child Care Health Consultant Network is provided by Child Care Aware of Kansas in partnership with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas Department for Children and Families.
Resources for Your Family