Is Your Community Interested in Working to Build Child Care Capacity?
We can help with funding and technical assistance.
Child Care Aware of Kansas, in partnership with the Kansas Department for Children and Families, can help you create and implement community-driven solutions and unique strategies to ensure that young children and families in your community thrive. We work alongside your child care community task force to provide technical assistance and funding opportunities.
Grants for Communities
Two grants are available to Kansas communities working to expand access to affordable, high-quality child care. The grants are based on the needs of your community and your level of readiness. To apply, your community must have an existing child care community task force or be in the process of creating one.
How you define the geographic area of your community is up to you. For example, it could be based on your region, county, or census tract.
Initial Child Care Coalition-Building Grant
- Assists communities whose child care community task force is in the early stages.
- Helps establish the task force and supports initial coalition-building activities.
- Funds may be used by the task force to cover expenses such as:
- A rental space to hold meetings
- Staff time to coordinate logistics or host a community meeting to elicit feedback
- Travel support to visit other communities or attend a Child Care Aware of Kansas Community in Action Workshop
- Communities may request up to $2,000. Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until all available funds have been assigned.
Implementing Child Care Capacity-Building Plans Grant
- Helps communities with an established child care community task force to implement plans that expand access to affordable, high-quality child care in the
- The child care community task force must have attended a Child Care Aware of Kansas Community in Action Workshop and have set corresponding short- and long-term goals.
- Communities should apply for funds that are outlined in their goal plan (excluding major renovations).
- Coalitions may request up to $45,000. Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until all available funds have been assigned.
How to Get Started
If your child care community task force is ready to apply for a grant:
- Visit https://ks.childcareaware.org/community-grants/.
- Hover over the Communities tab in the navigation, and select Community Grants from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the Inquiry Form. First-time users will need to create an account.
- A Community Grant team member will contact you to determine your eligibility for the grant.
- After your consultation, we’ll help you determine the next steps and walk you through the application process.
For questions, email email@example.com.