As part of Child Care Aware of Kansas’ commitment to building a high-quality early care and education system, we work to ensure all child care providers:
- Have equitable access to resources and opportunities.
- Are prepared to meet the needs of children and families with diverse identities, cultures, abilities, and family structures.
- Offer culturally responsive and inclusive spaces for children, families, and staff to thrive.
- Support children in learning how to engage in and adapt to an increasingly diverse and connected world.
DEIA is an ongoing journey, not a destination. No matter where you are on that journey, we can help you engage in these areas:
- Personal: Being aware of how your own experiences and biases influence actions and decisions will improve how you interact with children, families, and staff in respectful and supportive ways.
- Relationships: Authentically demonstrating that each person matters by listening and meeting people where they are will increase engagement and promote positive outcomes for everyone.
- Environment: Designing spaces that represent diversity and increase access will improve learning and community support for your business.